KISE offers both certificate and diploma courses in special needs education in three modes -namely;
- Part-time (Evening and holiday based)
- Open, Distance and Electronic Learning (ODEL)
The programmes are tailored to give a holistic education that prepares learners for life-long learning and success in their profession and enhance the institute's vision as a center of excellence in Special Needs Education.All the courses are skills oriented with an emphasis on hands on experience and highly practical to prepare the trainees to work as:
All courses aim at offering quality training in appropriate and relevant competencies to enable the graduands to serve in Special Needs Education programmes and organizations for and of persons with special needs and disabilities.
- Specialist personnel in special needs education programmes,
- teachers who work in institutions for children with special needs and disabilities
- teachers who work in inclusive settings
- people who work in assessment centers (Education Officers).
- Consultants in Special Needs Education
- Community Based Rehabilitation Officers.
- Sign Language Interpreters
- Braille Transcribers
- Counselors for persons with special needs and disabilities.
The training programmes are currently offered at either Certificate or Diploma Level .