The Kenyan betting industry has experienced increased growth over the last few years that has seen the rise of many betting companies. Despite tough taxation laws, more keep coming up. One such company is Odibets which is a betting platform run by Kareco Holdings Limited and is based in Nairobi, Kenya.
Odibets is a great alternative to a formerly popular betting company Betin. It is authorized and monitored by the Betting Control and Licensing Board (BCLB). This is done under the Betting, Lotteries, and Gaming Act, Cap 131 of Kenyan Laws. Its license number is 0000116. This company has gained popularity by using social media platforms to advertise themselves and also print media too.
You will spot some public service vehicles donning adverts of Odibets. On social media, the company uses the hashtag #BetExtraODInary which is very memorable. The company has a user-friendly website that is easy to navigate and has a mobile version too. This is critical because many users access the site on their smartphones.
Betting Offers by Odibets
Offer on First Deposit
The bookmaker Odibet has an offer where their new and existing customers get cash refunds on their first deposit into their accounts every new day. This is done for deposits of Kshs. 49 and above. This offer encourages more users to place a bet daily. Mpesa charges a certain amount to send money to the Odibet paybill depending on the amount. The Mpesa charge is refunded to the customer by the company.
An example, if you deposit Kshs. 50 into your account, Odibets will credit your account with Kshs. 55 refunding you the Kshs. 5 charged by Mpesa.
Data Bundle from Odibets
There are two offers of data bundles from Odibets. One is for new users of the betting platform. Once you register as a new user, you’re required to make a deposit then place a bet to benefit from this offer. Once the bet goes through, you receive a 7MB data bundle with 7 Free SMS. You’re then entered into a draw that happens daily where the winner wins a 2GB free data bundle.
This offer of a 2GB data bundle occurs daily and the winner is chosen at random Odibet systems. The winner gets an SMS confirming their win and can now access the 2GB data. This data lasts only 48 hours and is meant to encourage more participants in daily betting.
Free Bet to New Customers
All new registrations to the Odibet platform are guaranteed a free bet worth Kshs. 30. You simply select the bet you want to place, enter the mobile number you used for registration followed by your password then press ‘Submit Freebet’. This helps complete your account registration while also placing a free bet.
50% Refund on Lost Bet
Odibet offers its customers a 50% refund on a lost initial bet of the day. This is limited to amounts not exceeding Kshs. 200. For example, if you bet Kshs. 80 and you lose, immediately your account is credited with Kshs. 40.
Odibet Registration Process
Registering Through the Official Website
Odibet has made it quite easy to register on its platform like Betway ltd. All you need is data bundles or Wi-Fi and a smartphone/laptop/computer. The whole process lasts less than a minute provided your internet connection is efficient.
- Open your frequently used browser and type in the company website odibets.com.
- On the Homepage of this website, click on the ‘REGISTER FREE’ bar that is highlighted in yellow.
- Key in your mobile phone number that is registered to Mpesa input a password with more than 6 characters then click on ‘Create Account’. Odibets will send a PIN to your registered mobile number.
- Enter this pin on the provided space to activate your account and place your first free bet.
- For security, you’re free to change your pin as per the instructions provided.
Registering via SMS
You can opt to register for Odibet via SMS. Send the word ‘ODI’ to 29680. After sending the message, you’ll get an SMS confirming your registration. You’ll be required to reply to the SMS with the password you prefer. After sending the reply with your password, Odibet will send you a message confirming your registration and that you’ve won a Freebet worth Kshs. 30. Now you are ready to place your bets.
Deposits and Withdrawals on Odibet
Depositing Money to Odibet Account
You must deposit money into your Odibet account to place a bet. The amount depends on the bet you want to place. This is done after you have registered and activated your Odibet account. You’ll deposit money into your account using the Paybill 290680 on your Mpesa account.
- On your Safaricom Simcard, Go to the Mpesa Menu.
- Select the Lipa na Mpesa option.
- Choose the Paybill Option,
- Input the Odibet Paybill Business Number 290680
- On the Account Number option input ODI or your name
- Enter the total amount you want to be deposited into your Odibet account.
- Follow this with your Mpesa PIN then press Send.
- You will get an SMS from Mpesa confirming your Payment to Odibet
- Within seconds your Odibet account will be credited with the amount you paid on the paybill. If you are a first time user, your Mpesa charges will be refunded and credited to your account too.
- Once your account is credited, begin placing your bets.
Withdrawing Money from Odibet Account
It’s just as easy to withdraw money from your Odibet account as it is to deposit it.
- On an open browser on your phone, open the Odibet website.
- On the homepage, select ‘Login’
- Enter your mobile number and your password and select ‘login’ once more.
- On the top-left side of the page, select the ‘Menu’ option which will give you several options to choose from.
- Follow this by selecting ‘Withdraw’.
- You will be requested to fill in your First and last name.
- Enter the amount of money you want to withdraw from your account.
- After filling in the amount, press on ‘request withdrawal’.
Odibets withdrawals are processed instantly and deposited into your Mpesa account. You can only withdraw the amount exceeding Kshs. 100 and limited to Kshs. 1,000,000.
- Easy registration process
- Fast deposit and withdrawals
- Freebet after registration
- Daily bundle price
- Availability of SMS betting
- Company sponsorship of local sports teams
- Lacks physical premises to make live bets
This bookmaker is a great alternative to popular betting site – 22Bet.
Odibet has simplified betting and made it easy for more users to gain access and participate in it. The bookmaker Odibets is the main shirt sponsor of Mathare F.C. making them a responsible company looking out for sports in Kenya.